Yesterday we received some of the best news that we never expected. We were told to start proceeding immediately with your adoption! We were told that unexpectedly, the government in Africa has started processing adoptions that were in process before they put on the moratorium. We were told to get moving and to pray!
Oh Prince, what a whirlwind our lives together have already been. Though I don't write on this blog often, not a day goes by when I don't ache over you. It's almost been 2 years since we've hugged you. Some days I wonder if you even remember us. Some days I wonder what God really has planned for your life. Some days I just wish I could jump on a plane and hold you.
You're getting so big Princey and we know that it will be hard for you to leave all that you're used to in Africa; but we also know that it was not chance that we met you and that for 2 years, you have been part of our family.
Ayden and Brekyn talk about you all the time. Just two nights ago Ayden was sitting at the dinner table and said "it's just not right". I asked what wasn't right and he said that it's just not right that you can't be here with us. "He has a chair right there" Ayden said (as he pointed to the empty seat waiting for you). "Prince should be with us now."
We can't begin to explain why God has allowed this to happen or why you have had to stay so far from us for so long, but we do know that God is in control and that He knows what is best.
We are praying for God's best right now Prince. Selfishly, we pray that God's best will be for you to come "home" soon, but we trust Him no matter what.
Mommy loves you sweet boy. I'm watching the stars and waiting for you.
As a sidenote: The news that Prince's adoption has opened up came on our sweet little Elle's third birthday. Our two adopted children's testimonies are already being woven together! Please pray specifically for God to place the right people in our path who can help us get the doors to open quickly with regards to paperwork processing on the U.S. side. Because of the fragility of the adoptions in Liberia, we know that it is very real that this "open" door could close just as quickly again. Time is of the essence and we've been advised to move as quickly as possible. Please pray!
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Have a thought?? Share it here!